Many people have asked me if we are a Quiverfull family. I am not even sure what that means! Is it a movement or a cult? Bottom line: we know of only one thing: God. The reason we have seven children and will accept whatever number of blessings God plans for us is because my dear husband and I share one goal and base our life on only one principle: God comes first. God's will is the only path we're willing to take in life. If it is not willed by God we do not do it. That's the only way we judge anything in our lives. We pray and pray and pray some more. But in the end, we rely solely on God. We relied on Him to guide us to each other. We relied on His timing on marrying. We relied on Him to guide us to my husband's ministry. There is nothing in our lives where we take the lead and decide "this is what WE want." It is ONLY "what God wants."
So, if we trust God with our marriage, our vocations, our ministry, our hearts, our lives why would we NOT trust Him with our family? Very simple. We trust God with everything in our life so we trust Him in determing the children that should be ours. We consider our children to be on loan from God. They have been created long before they were sent to us. My womb has just been the vessel for those souls God wishes to be placed on this earth. Therefore, only God knows when and how to open and close my womb.
While my father was careful to discuss this with my intended long before I even entered the picture, I never considered another path. I had grown up with many siblings and knew the joy of a large family. At no time did I consider whether I would want to limit the number of my children. In fact, as far as I can remember when I've thought of a woman determing that she'd limit the number of beautiful souls God wishes on this earth I become not only saddened but angry. Believe me, I have great passion for both God and children, so having a large family is perfect for me!
What would I have done if Issac had wanted a small family, if he had wanted me to learn about and use some sort of birth control? Well, suffice to say we'd not have been married because our heart attitudes would not have been in sync. God knows what He does when He matches up two people and He would not have sent my beloved to me if our hearts were not already knit together in His Kingdom. It would never occur to my dear husband to ask me to use some sort of birth control that could possibly (and probably) result in a spontaneous abortion than he would ask me to work outside the home. It's a non-issue in our life.
Unfortunately, even good Christian women have been led astray by the world that tells them they can circumvent God's will and decide on their own how many children they should bring into this world. Due to their ignorance and their sinful nature they have killed baby after baby. Every birth control method kills a baby. It's just that simple.
The Pill. Supposedly a wonderful invention that "freed" women has done more damage to the family than even divorce! The Pill lets a baby exist and then kills it! It causes abortions. It makes the womb inhospitable for the baby that's been created. No matter what anyone tells you, the moment the sperm and egg meet a baby exists! If that baby is flushed from a woman's womb then it is pure murder. No matter what. The IUD does the same thing. And shots and other pills...it's all murder because it prevents the baby from taking shelter in his/her rightful home: the mommy's womb.
What about condoms? I will answer in one word: Onan. That's all you need to know. It's wrong to spill a man's seed without the intention of making a baby. Why else would you want to? It is just a way to make it okay for people to behave like animals and removes God and his perfect plan from their lives, their hearts and their future families.
Families. That's what is lost when evil women decide to forgo God's gifts. They destroy families. They refuse their families. I can watch my son playing with his little brother, watch my oldest daughter work on her needlepoint or play with the baby and think to myself, "This is what women are killing: their families." I will never understand that.
What about methods where the Mommy and Daddy only come together in love when the Mommy is not producing eggs? It's still a rejection of God's blessings. It is still saying that a man and wife know better than God. And no one knows God better than he does. Only He knows his plan for our lives and we can only follow his will. His will is for us to have children, to create families and raise them to serve his will. To decide that a family is not good enough for a couple is to be in direct conflict with the Lord. What good can come of that?
I will not address abortion. Very simply, it is murder. Always, at all times. Murdeer. End of discussion.
So my beloved husband and I have many children because that's what God has determined for our family. We do nothing but indulge in our love and out of that love God sends us souls to protect and raise and train to glorify the Lord. We say that we are not Quiverfull; we are Full of Love!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment